Saturday, December 11, 2010

Soccer

My sister and I both played soccer, so it was very special this fall when our girls played on the same soccer team. Madeleine had played last spring when there were just 3 players per side and they played on half the soccer field playing two games at one time. This fall they played with 7 girls on each side, played the entire length of the soccer field (I think it was a regular size soccer field, but maybe it was smaller), and even had a goalie! I was so proud of my niece Sydney, it was her first time to play soccer and she was aggressive! Sydney was great on defense, she would run up and stop the ball, no matter what! She also played with her glasses that she got in August, and they did not bother her at all! Everyone who played on the panda team last spring signed up to play with them again this fall. Sydney was the only new player and she blended in so well. Madeleine usually played offense, but also loved her turns at goalie.

Here is Madeleine and Sydney (my niece) receiving their soccer trophies. This year only the 1st and 2nd place team got trophies, but our wonderful coaches pitched in and got our team trophies too. As for their record, I will only say that they had a lot of fun, which is the most important part!

My beautiful niece Sydney getting her soccer trophy.

Madeleine getting her soccer trophy.

The girls, I love Madeleine's hair in this shot.

The "please stay still" shot.

I love Sydney's hand on Madeleine's shoulder. They are such good friends! (unless they are yelling at each other)


Do you remember doing this? I don't think I could do this anymore...

Everett wanted to do it too...

No comments: