Friday, December 10, 2010

Face-painting

When I think back on this fall, it feels like it has been a whirlwind of activity since August when school started. Right before the 3-Day for the Cure, I was co-chair of this big art program at Madeleine's school called Reflections. We had a total of 225 entries that had be mounted on posterboard and judged. The night of judging was the day after my birthday and I was at Madeleine's school from 5 pm until 12:30 am! The good news was we were able to send 45 to district, and the kids had a lot of fun making the art.

The day before the Komen 3-Day, my mom flew in from Austin. I had to be at the school to hang ribbons on each one of those 225 entries, so my mom took the kids home to play. When they picked me up at school a little bit later, faces had been painted!

here the kids are at Moss Haven Elementary. Madeleine is standing in front of her red ribbon picture of our street.

Here they are face-painting!

Everett even painted himself!

And he wanted to wear the face-painting hat!

Then Everett wanted to face-paint Nana!

And boy, was she covered in paint!

No comments: