Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More thoughts on recycling

So, I have been on a catalog kick. Since I am much more of an internet shopper than a catalog shopper, and since I never read the catalogs that we received in the mail anyway, I decided to do something about it! So, beginning last fall whenever I received a catalog in the mail, I would call and ask them to take me off their mailing list. This phone call would often take a long time, and they were always curious as to why I would do such a bizarre thing. After many, many phone calls I am so excited to say that it is a very rare day when we receive a catalog. And then I call that company up and request not to be on their mailing list any longer. I am intrigued as to why it has been so difficult to get off of the mailing lists, but I feel great satisfaction to no longer be receiving mail that went directly into the recycling. We learn Reduce, Reuse, Recycle but I only recently learned that recycling should be the last option. The best thing is to reduce, and I have! However, I still like my D Magazine, Texas Monthly, Dallas Child, and neighborhood Advocate ... and Lee likes his Wired, Maxim, and Cooks Illustrated... Maybe we should move to reading them online like I read my Dallas Morning News... Things to ponder...

No comments: