Saturday, September 11, 2010

My sister is 40!


September 10, 1970 my sister Kristin Joy Sumpter was born. I didn't know her until four years later when I was born, but I can not imagine my life without her. When we were growing up I did not know what a blessing and a treasure my sister was, but as I have gotten older and wiser I give God thanks daily for the gift of my sister. When she left for college it was the first time in my life that I realized that her presence could not be taken for granted. I missed her! So, I am blessed that we live 1 1/2 miles away from each other and our kids are best buddies. Kristin Joy Sumpter Rutherford, I am so glad that you are my sister and I can not imagine my life without you in it. Happy Birthday!!!

my sister visiting me when Lee and I lived in England in 2002, this was at Leeds Castle


my sister and me at our Grandpa Sumpter's in Florida

at her 35th birthday party, how did she turn 40 so fast?

No comments: