Monday, February 2, 2009

Reviews

My food reviews:
I had been wanting to eat at Cafe R&D to try out their Dallas award winning "Best Deviled Eggs." They were good, though I began to wonder maybe they were "Only Deviled Eggs in Dallas" because deviled eggs is not a common menu item. Thanks to my friend Carmen for sharing the deviled eggs with me!

My stepmom Phyllis babysat last week and Lee and I went to Sushi Sake in Richardson. It was delish and felt very authentic! We sat at the bar and I reached into the recesses of my mind to speak my limited Japanese with the sushi man. I lived in Japan for one year, from 1996-1997, and that was a long time ago!

My movie reviews:
In the past weeks I have seen quite the few movies! Loved Defiance, Daniel Craig is beautiful and I did not know that amazing story!

Last night I saw Gran Torino and LOVED it! It is hard to get used to Clint Eastwood saying racial epithets to everyone, but at some point it becomes humorous because he says them to everyone, seriously, everyone, including his own son (he plays a character in the movie). I have also continued to think about this movie. I took a class in college called Religion, Literature, and Film. The first day we watched Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. Gran Torino should be seen in a class like that. I also am amazed and very impressed with Clint Eastwood for his writing ability (he wrote it!), and I loved his snarl in the movie.

Marley and Me was a tear jerker and a great movie, though it could have been a rental.

I also saw Taken, which was exciting, but definitely a rental. We also recently rented Get Smart with Steve Carrell and Anne Hathaway, funny movie!

Okay, that's it! Heroes is on!

4 comments:

Curator said...

We should have seen Gran Torino with the guys!!! I'm still mad at Marley and Me for some of those surprise tearful moments. Owen Wilson is supposed to be in goofy movies!!

Tiffany said...

You are so good to share your reviews!! I am impressed you have been able to see so many movies in the theatre - I am jealous of your babysitters :0)

Kerry Sumpter Smith said...

Elise: I totally agree about Owen Wilson, though he did great I thought in Marley and Me!

Tiffany: Lee and I have been taking turns, he goes with the boys and I go with the girls! And Lee gets every other Friday off, so last Friday we took the kids to school and had a date at noon on Friday! (He works 10 hours a day the other days to get to take every other Friday off...)

Victoria is only a wee bit crazy said...

Ohh I'm sorry I missed out on Sushi Sake. I was already eating when you called Poo. Next time!