Friday, August 1, 2008

An update


My cousin requests an update... so... I have been very bad about taking pictures, so here are some verbal updates.

At the beginning of this week Everett began crawling down the steps around our house. There is a step from the kitchen area into the den and a step from the bedroom into the den. Everett would crawl to the edge of the step and then sit and wait for someone to help him crawl down. So, at the beginning of this week when Everett crawled down on his own, we all cheered. Well! Yesterday, our smart boy crawled to the edge of the step, got as close as he could to the edge and scooted down. Okay, I totally should be taking video of this because it is hard to describe, I promise video soon!

Everett is getting his 4th top tooth, still just 2 on the bottom.

Other news: Madeleine has made her Christmas list for Santa, already. Her list is:

1. American doll
2. a music box like the one at the zoo
3. a book about Ariel
4. a rocking chair

She put her list on the fireplace so Santa can come down and get it. Making the list for Santa was our remedy for Madeleine's constant requests for an American doll. I asked Madeleine which American doll she wanted and she said, "whichever one Santa wants." She is not picky apparently...

Today I went to a beauty shop in Dallas that cuts your hair for free if you are donating your hair to locks of love. I hate paying to get my hair cut, so I must admit that my reasons for growing my hair out for locks of love were not altruistic at first. So, my hair was 10 inches (the required minimum length) and I was so ready for it to be cut so Everett would stop pulling it! Well, I go today and ... your hair is put into a braid before they cut it and in a braid my hair was not quite 10 inches!!! So, I had to go home and keep growing my hair! UGH!

This evening my sister and I traveled to Love Field to pick up the minivan for our annual trip together to my mom's in Wimberley. Last year we only had three kids, but this year we have four!!! Thanks to my mom for renting the minivan for us, and pray for us tomorrow as we travel, and for the 6 days that we will be swimming.

No comments: