Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Changes...

When I moved to Lovers Lane UMC as Associate Pastor in June 2006, I did so moving from full-time to part-time so that I could spend more time with my family. As a full-time ordained Elder I had something that we in the United Methodist Church call guaranteed appointment, meaning that the Bishop and the cabinet (the District Superintendents) had to find me a job. When I went part-time, that job security went away. So, in May I was informed that my position at Lovers Lane was being eliminated due to the budget. It has been a hard month or so, but God is good.

I am now in my second week of being a stay-at-home mom and it is hard but fun! We have visited a church each week and that has been an interesting experience as well! I have huge amounts of respect for families who visit churches. Where is the nursery? Where do I take my 4 year old? Where is the sanctuary? It is really hard to visit new churches!

Please be in prayer for our family, for Madeleine to have peace amidst all the change. She asks tons of questions about why we are not going to Lovers Lane. For Lee that he will not feel the pressure and feel overburdened from being the sole financial provider for our family. For me that God will help me to feel purpose (I am amazed at how much purpose I felt in having a job. I have a new understanding for those without jobs!). And for Everett that he will be at peace visiting all these new nurseries! Thank you in advance...

4 comments:

Lee Anne said...

I'm sorry to hear that Kerry. You will find something perfect for you soon! In the meantime I'm sure Madeleine and Everett will love to have you all to themselves. Good luck with the search!

Victoria said...

I had a discussion with somone recently around how I think "things happen for a reason" and they disagreed. They believe in fate and happenstance. Either/or, Kerry my eternal sunshine friend things will work out!

Victoria is only a wee bit crazy said...

Ooops, I was signed as my cat, ignore the signature, that last comment was from me!

Victoria

Kerry Sumpter Smith said...

Victoria,
It makes me smile to think of Penny being so wise!