Monday, June 11, 2012

#42 Thing to Do in Dallas with Kids

Visit Valley House Gallery and Sculpture Garden

On December 30, 2010 I made a New Year's Resolution to blog weekly about 52 Things to do in Dallas with kids.  I only made it to #41 and I did not blog weekly.  So, it may take me 2 years to do it (2011 and 2012) but here goes! 

Visiting Valley House has been on my to visit list for a long while and we finally went in April 2012.  It is in a residential neighborhood and has an art gallery that you can tour as well as beautiful gardens with sculptures.  The day that we visited artists were sketching outside and we loved watching them work.  I love the fact that it is free, in a neighborhood, and was gorgeous!

Valley House is located at 6616 Spring Valley Road Dallas, TX 75254 and is open to the public Mon-Sat 10am–5pm and is closed on Sunday. 



 The Gallery was very impressive.

 An artist hard at work.


4 1/2 year old Everett wanted to take our picture, it makes me laugh every time I look at it!

No comments: