Monday, November 7, 2011

#28 Thing to Do in Dallas with Kids

Visit Casa Manana in Fort Worth. I won tickets to see Oliver! through the KERA Art & Seek weekly email but since it was the 7 pm Friday night showing in Fort Worth and I knew that it would be too late for my own kids, I invited my dad and stepmom. We had a great adult evening with an incredible hamburger at Fred's Texas Cafe. Then, we headed over to see Oliver! The actors were amazing in the show but I was sort of surprised with the bad guy's loud screams (all of the children in the audience got very quiet) and I did not remember how the story ended so when there was a murder and a loud gunshot I was really surprised. It did not seem appropriate for children, and I was glad that I had not brought mine. However, Casa Manana has wonderful children's plays and is a great place to take your kids! I love to support children's theater!

No comments: