Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Madeleine sleeps in her big girl bed

Madeleine has never tried to climb out of her crib, so we waited as long as possible to transition to the toddler bed. This week with Vacation Bible School (she would be tired), Lee being out of town (mommy and Madeleine time), and Madeleine's 3rd birthday next week (June 20th), I thought it was as good a time as any. So, with the crib still in her room (in case it was needed), I set everything up on Monday evening. Dora sheets, Dora pillow, Dora lamp, we were ready. I even kept her up until 8:30 pm thinking she would quickly fall asleep. 10 trips to the bathroom later, at 11pm I fell asleep and still heard Madeleine talking. The next morning she raced into my bedroom at 7:15 am. Tuesday evening I put Madeleine into her bed at 8:30 pm. She escaped once from her room and found Mommy cleaning the kitchen. So, I turned out all the lights and said that Mommy was going to sleep too. So, after putting her back in her bed, I washed my face, and at 8:45 pm climbed into my bed to "pretend" to fall asleep. I woke up Wednesday morning! I guess teaching 12 4 year olds at Vacation Bible School can wear you out! And I had to wake Madeleine up at 8 am so we wouldn't be late for VBS! Tonight was the 3rd night, how would she do? She didn't leave her room even once! And I put her in her bed at 7:30 pm! It probably helped that she didn't take a nap today! And, it's nearly 10:30 pm and I'm still awake!

No comments: