Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pictures

Pictures from our trip to Wimberley where my mom and stepdad live...

at Hamilton pool preserve

Mom and Madeleine at Hamilton pool preserve


Lee giving Everett a ride for the 1/4 mile trip down to Hamilton pool preserve

at Trattori Lisina with bowls on heads...

so much fun!


me swimming at mom's

the Smith clan swimming

Lee in one of Madeleine's favorite activities, getting thrown!

Madeleine modeling her new cowgirl boots, thanks Nana!


We had a great time! Besides the swimming, good eating, and relaxing, Lee and I were able to get away and meet Drew (a friend from college) and Anthony for dinner at the Salt Lick. Casey Bernard who recently moved to Austin came swimming with her sons Donovan and Cormac. We took mom out with the kids to our favorite Driftwood Italian place, Trattori Lisina. Mom and Don took us to Hamilton pool preserve and although we couldn't swim because the bacteria levels were too high, it was awesome!

I read a great book while at my mom's, it is called Joker One: A marine platoon's story of courage, leadership, and brotherhood. It was a book where I learned about the war in Iraq and saw how there was such great misunderstanding on both sides, but I also laughed at the stories. It was very well done and I recommend it. There is a great website where you can see photos of the guys that you are reading about.

No comments: